Doctor Who - S08EP03 - Robot of Sherwood
- "You bony rascal" - Robin Hood
- Spoon fights
- Lute solos
- The Wilhelm scream
- The Mechanical Turk reference
- If I was Robin Hood, I would be having a lot more questions when the Doctor was telling me about radiation and robots and computers. That’s probably some mind-blowing stuff to have to take in if you lived a few hundred years ago.
- Robin’s swashbuckling saves-the-day entrance
This episode reminded me of the classic episodes. The story is kinda laid back and more about the character interactions than anything else. The danger at the end really only comes from the bad guy not knowing anything about physics. However, the thing I liked most was something that we don’t often see. The Doctor generally gets along with everyone, even the bad guys. It was nice to see the Doctor at odds with someone.
I was kinda sad that the ship exploded at the end. I was under the impression that they could have collected the gold in a nice way. It was just the sheriff that went about it all wrong. He was the one that wanted to rule. They just wanted to get their ship repaired so they could leave. Or maybe I just got the wrong thing out of this.
The not so awesome:
- Angry Doctor for knowing that his story was told.
- Apparently, the Tardis has healing capabilities. Why has it not fixed its cloaking device?
- Marian kisses the Doctor’s cheek and he gets a strange look on his face. Almost like he thought it was strange to feel human/alien contact. Will that be explored more later?